Sunday, April 12, 2009

A perfect start

Just after my post graduation, I got a wonderful opportunity to start my career in data warehousing. Every day I learn new concept and I thought it would be useful if I share my knowledge to the people who are pursuing their career in data warehousing or planning to start their career in data warehouse.

Currently I am involved in ETL (Extarct Transform Load) Process where my role is to extract data from the CSV (comma separated values) file and transform the extracted data using pre written procedures and then load it into database.

After working of the ETL for some time, I understood that my knowledge in using SQL was shallow. So I started to learn SQL from basics, yes you got it right, I started from basic select queries.

Currently I am working on SQL Server 2005, So my upcoming blogs will contain SQL queries using SQL Server.

1 comment: